HSRT’s 6th Annual Business Meeting & Live Lecture Presentations
Please review the 11/08/2020 and 04/10/2021 meeting minutes and the agenda for the upcoming HSRT’s 6th Annual Business Meeting which will be held virtually on July 10, 2021 at 1:00PM Hawaii Time. Registration for the meeting and the live lecture presentations to follow is now open. However, please be sure to renew your HSRT membership if you have not done so already – those who fail to renew by June 30, 2021 will be subject to a $20 fee per live lecture presentation. If you have not received an e-mail with the renewal information, please be sure to update your contact information or e-mail jnakaoka@HawaiiSRT.org directly.
The Role Mammography Plays in Identification of Hereditary Breast Cancer Syndromes (approved for 1.0 Category A CE by the ASRT), will be presented by Frances Andrews from Myriad Genetics. The objectives for this presentation are:
- Distinguish the difference between a Hereditary Breast Cancer Syndrome and Familial Level Risk of Breast Cancer
- Identify what personal and/or family history of breast cancer makes a patient suspicious for having a Hereditary Breast Cancer Syndrome and therefore, when it’s appropriate to test a patient for a Hereditary Cancer Syndrome
- Use the ACS MRI Guidelines for elevated risk of Breast Cancer
MRI Safety (approved for 1.0 Category A CE by the ASRT), will be presented by Mosa Alhamami from Gamma Corp. The objectives for this presentation are:
- Recognize the various safety aspects in an MR environment
- Compare the bioeffects of concern in MR imaging
- Explain how MR parameters affect biosafety
For those who do not wish to join the HSRT, but would like to attend the live lecture presentations, please see the HSRT’s Square site to register & pay for attendance.